+34(0)600 494 094

Southampton Captain Jose Fonte is Determined to Play For Portugal

Southampton captain Jose Fonte says he wants to play regularly for his country as he has a chance to make a debut for Portugal. When Fonte arrived at Southampton in 2010 they were playing League One and he helped them to climb from the divisions to a best Premier League place last season. He could have his international debut against France on Saturday. He said: “I want to get it with both hands and represent my country regularly. He hoped to find his way into contention for last World Cup but now new Portugal manager Fernando Santos has given him a chance.”


He said: “I hoped that but it did not occur. Now our manager has changed and he gave me a big chance and honour to represent my country. I want to make it my best and make everybody proud of me. I waited for a long time but I never surrendered. I tried hard to be a better player and improve and finally I have got in the squad. If I continue to perform I will be in the national team for few years. So I will keep pushing hard and improving.” Fonte and his club-fellow Morgan Schneiderlin could play against each other at the Stade de France.

Football fans! If you are looking for Premier League Tickets at affordable prices with the best seat plans, then you should trust Sports and Events Tickets which is the ultimate solution of all your ticket needs including Southampton Tickets.

0 comments:

Contact Form

Name:

Email *

Message *